Friday, March 14, 2008

The Trials of Obama


I attend a Hispanic Christian Evangelical Church. I attend it because I have been involved in the Hispanic culture since I began taking Spanish as a sophomore in high school. I have also attended evangelical churches in English. Hispanics, especially those of the economically disadvantaged tend to be Democratic because they believe the Democratic Party is more attuned to their needs (i.e.: the border debate.) White evangelical churches tend to be more conservative because of the right to life issues, judges, and security from threats abroad. White evangelical churches are also more affluent than their Hispanic counterparts. Everyone has their opinion, but what unites evangelicals are not their differences but the biblical truths of Christ's teachings. I have never gone to a church where politics was preached from the pulpit. The gospel is preached, not politics. Using the pulpit for political discourse also violates a church's tax free status. Enter stage left, Obama's pastor, Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright.

Conservatives have known about Wright for a long time, but it is only this week the mainstream press started to talk about it. I will bet it came from Hillary camp. Politics is not only openly preached at Obama's church, but hateful far-left speech is preached. I have attended many churches, and I have left churches because their teachings were counter to my belief system and contrary to biblical truth. Why would I or anyone for that matter attend a church that espouses beliefs contrary to one's belief system? Who? you say, Obama - that's who. As judge Judy would say, "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true."

Obama quotes the following on his website:

Senator Barack Obama Receives Endorsement of Flag Officers from Army, Navy and Air Force


CHICAGO—Citing his judgment and ability to lead, admirals and generals from the United States Army, Navy and Air Force that together have served under the last nine Commanders-in-Chief today announced their endorsement of Senator Barack Obama for president. In offering their endorsement, the generals and admirals recognized Obama's judgment (EMPHASIS ADDED) to oppose the war in Iraq before it began, his respect for the …

What about the judgment of a person who attends a church for twenty years whose pastor rails against the white man in an Afro centric church? Pastor Wright bellows from his pulpit, "this is a country controlled by rich white people. Jesus was a poor black man. The government gave the blacks drugs. It's not God bless America, it's God damn America. Barack knows what it means to be a black man controlled by rich white people. Jesus taught me how to love my enemies (The white man must be his enemy. [Emphasis added] This was only the beginning of Wright's invective. He has said HIV was caused by the white man, and the list goes on.

This is Obama's mentor and spiritual advisor. This is who married Barack and Michelle Obama. This has been the church Obama has attended for twenty years. This is the man who inspired his title for his book, "The Audacity of Hope." This is the man who scares me to death if he becomes the next president of the United States.

Now, I more comprehend why Michelle Obama said in her discourse, "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country." What kind of other pessimistic attitude can one have about the United States if he/she listened to Pastor Wright for twenty years?

I believe this will be Obama's downfall from his sainthood status. The love fest is over. Democrats will turn from Obama, and nominate Hillary as their candidate of choice. It is over for Obama. It will be Hillary vs. McCain.


 



 


 

No comments:

 
Republican Party Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory DeeperLeft member