Thursday, February 7, 2008

Huckabee are you listening?

Mitt Romney at CPAC conference
: This isn't an easy decision. I hate to lose, We are a nation at war, and Barack and Hillary have made their intentions clear regarding Iraq and the war on terror. They would retreat, declare defeat, and the consequences of that would be devastating. If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I'd forestall the launch of a national campaign. And frankly, I'd be making it easier for Senator Obama or Clinton to win. In this time of war, I cannot simply allow my campaign be a part of making a surrender to terror
.

This is what I call an honorable decision. If only Huckabee were as honorable.

Huckabee needs to capture 83% to 84% of the remaining delegates to win the nomination. Given the fact he has only been capturing 12% of the delegates, Huckabee in his delusional mind still thinks its a two man race. I guess he didn't hear the message to get out. On his website he states the following.

This is a two-man race for the nomination, and I am committed to marching on. I believe in the importance of a strong national defense -- which includes winning the war against Islamic extremists and the protection of American sovereignty.

I am redoubled in my resolve to carry on my campaign in a civil, dignified manner. The issues that got me into this campaign—protecting life and traditional marriage, enacting the Fair Tax, and border security are going to keep me in this campaign.


Huckabee, do the honorable thing if you have any honor and get out of the race.

No comments:

 
Republican Party Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory DeeperLeft member